This will be the second time that the Victorian Walking Festival has run. This information comes from the key organiser of the festival, Stephen Ingrouille.
Time to lace up the boots and start planning the 2017 Victorian Walking Festival which will start on April 1, run until mid-May and coincide with:
- the Premier’s Active April Program;
- the walks in the National Trust Heritage Festival; and
- the international Jane’s Walk urban walking tours.
Any organisation (commercial or community) or individual is welcome to submit walks for the program. Walks can be of any length, any degree of difficulty and anywhere in the state. Self-guided walks and walking related social events (talks/presentations) are also welcome. It has a decentralised model of organising, with the website refering interested people back to the organiser of the walk/ event.
There is no charge to be listed in the 2017 Victorian Walking Festival program. (Going Solar is sponsoring the website and the program compilation).
Why a Walking Festival?
The Victorian Walking Festival is designed to:
- Bring together those walks that are already planned for the period.
- Inspire the creation of new walks around the Festival program.
- Encourage punters to make contact with walking clubs and organisations.
- Encourage walking as a form of sustainable tourism (particularly for regional Victoria).
- Encourage walking for physical and mental health benefits.
If you or your organisation is interested in participating in this 2nd Victorian Walking Festival contact Stephen by email ASAP. email@example.com
Start to consider what walks you could include in the program. Walks can be added to the program at any time but ideally before Friday March 10, 2017.